Year 6 2023 - 2024
Year 6 Homework
In Year 6, there is an expectation to complete around 2 and a half hours of homework, per week on average, which can include 10-20 minutes of daily reading.
- Daily reading to parents/carers and/or independent reading. Remember to complete reading journals!
- Spellings to be practised at home each week using Spellzone/Nessy
- Times tables and number facts practice using Times Tables Rock Stars
- Maths linked to classroom learning, and specifically targeted maths as appropriate to individual children, set on MyMaths
- Other curriculum tasks as appropriate - see HALF TERM 2 - HOMEWORK PROJECTS
- Science through accessing Developing Experts quizzes
- Computing using the work found on Code.org
- Digital citizenship: preparing children to thrive online using natterhub
Your child has been given all their passwords - but we have copies in school if they go missing!
YEAR 6 COMPUTING LINK - Brute Force Hacking on Scratch - https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/236230906/editor
IPad Powerpoint Help Guide https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/powerpoint-for-ipad-help-b75ce3bb-03e3-46df-a792-647573fef84a
Files to Download
Year 6: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 6: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 6: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Year 6: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display